Sunday, January 29, 2023

Road Trip # 2022-05


Road Trip #2022-05

Ocean City, NJ

May 29, 2022


Sloane sent me a photo of an egret rookery she found in NJ.  It's about a 2 hour drive from my house. I had set a date to go but then we had a few days of rain so the trip was delayed.  But today was gorgeous.

OMG, this place was specatualr.  There were egrets, night herons, ibis and other birds that I couldnt identify. All of them were tending to nests filled with eggs.

I came here to soothe my broken soul.  These mass murders, around our country, have been so damaging. I needed to find a place that was filled with good will.  I needed to find a place that offered hope on this dark time.  And this place did this for me. This place was beautiful. I found myself hyperventalating with excitement.

Every nest highlighted the theme of Madonna and Child, a theme that speaks to me and comforts me.

The beauty of the world can counterbalance our current ugliness. I needed this moment.














No comments: