Monday, January 30, 2023

10 Things About Living Alone


10 Things About Living Alone

I've lived alone since 1981.

I love the solitude.  I love to come home from a busy day and have a quiet refuge.

Everything in my home is mine and my responsibility. There is no sharing of household responsibilities.

I have learned to only count on me to manage my home and my life.

I have increasing lost the ability to share space with others. I don't like people in my personal space.

I hate to entertain at home. It is just so much effort to clean the house, get the food, have enough varitey of beverages, wait on people and be gracious.  I cant do all of that at the same time.

I never have to worry about how I look in my home.  I can wear or not wear any clothes I want.

Preparing meals for one is a real challenge. I waste too luch food.

When the place is a mess, it is all my faulty. And my place is always a mess.

Doing the laundry for one person is a challenge.  I only do the laundry about every three weeks. Also, I can never fill up my dishwasher so I wash all my dishes by hand.

As I get older, I worry about doing tasks that require me to use a step ladder or a stool.  What if I fall? And, no, I refuse to wear one of those damn emergency bracelets.  I'm not that old.  But I now have to wrry about falling and laying there on the floor for days before I am discovered.


No comments: