Saturday, January 28, 2023

Road Trip #2022-9


Road Trip #2022-9

Avalon, NJ

August 23-24, 2022


Monday

  • I picked up Helen Dougherty in the Philly area and headed to Avalon, NJ to visit with Kathy Flatley.
  • But first, we visited with Helen's 94 year old mother who still looks great.
  • We got to Avalon just in time for lunch which Kathy had already made for us.
  • We had the choice of going to the beach or hanging at the pool. We hung at the pool .until the early evening
  • The water was heated at 87F, the sun was out but not intense and the pool felt great. I spent the afternoon, floating away in to a lethagric haze.
  • Kathy made a delicious seafood pasta dinner and it was wonderful.
  • I drank on of her son's beers: a hazy, coconut milkshake IPA.
  • In the evening, the two of them watched a new TV series that held no interest to me.

Tuesday

  • In the morning, a team of 5 house cleaners descended upon us and those people cleaned with a force that was admirable.  they were out within an hour.
  • Kathy gave us the choice again to go to the beach or habg at the pool.  We hung at the pool.  It was lovely.
  • Helen's brother showed up and it was nice to visit with him. Ive know Joe for 50 years and I still think of him as a kid.
  • I stayed for dinner, delicious crab cakes, and then I left town.  I had to go to the PHL airport to pick up a student of mind.

No comments: