Tuesday, June 22, 2021

Midnight Oil Brewery

 Midnight Oil Brewery

Newark, DE

I was told the brewmaster is a night owl, hence the name of the brewery.

A flight is 4 glasses of 5 oz pours for $10.  The bartender got annoyed with me when I didn't take his suggestions as to what I should choose. I had the Orion Double IPA, the Sleepwalker Black Saison, XXII APA and Reilly Irish Stout.  The IPA and APA were very similar in taste but the IPA finished with a much better after taste. However, I went home with a 32 oz growler of the APA because the alcohol content was so different between the two beers and I had work I had to do that night.

The stout was refreshing and not too filling. The Sleepwalker didn't grab my attention.

Food trucks were just showing up as I was pulling out.  The place is large and could accommodate a big crowd.

No comments: