Wednesday, June 23, 2021

Carina's Frustration With Her Brother

Carina's Frustration With Her Brother

Sias University

Henan Province, China

Spring 2012


Early marriage and a lack of interest in education is problems in China. So few young adults stay in school which results in  getting married by 16 or 17.  Then they having babies and never get out of poverty.  Most of my students were the only people in their village to go to college.  And now that they have seen another way of life, they worry and are frustrated with the choices that some of their younger siblings are making.  Here is an email I recently received from Carina, my former student:





hi, Bredget, how are you? Thank you for youy endorsement in linkedin.

        Today our teacher showed us a short vedio called "butterfly circus", have you ever seen that? It's about a limbless man, but the people
I admire most is the ringmaster.He did a great job about helping poeple
develop their potential and realize their life values,I want to be a personlike him someday.

         You know what? One of my cousins getting married in December, I am not happy with it, he's only 19, but I can't stop him. In China, the young people who dropped out from school will be rushed to get married, especially in village. My cousin is one of them. Next will be my brother, cause my brother also dropped from school, and he is arranged a blind date now. I'm like going to be crazy. Almost all my brothers and sisters have quit scool,I am so luky to be the colleage student and continue my study, and I will keep moving ahead , to realize my dream and life value.

         Robert will leave next Thursday, sad,the only thing I dislike about World Academy is that we have to go through many seperations. We are so luky to have you.
         Miss you!!!
    Carina
>
>
 

No comments: