Monday, June 21, 2021

Road Trip 2021- #6

Road Trip 2021- #6

Summer 2021

New Hampshire and Maine


  • It's a long, straight drive right up I95: PA/NJ/NY/CT/MA/NH/ME
  • I was in pursuit of finding brewery in NH and ME to add to my national brewery list.
  • It rained two out of the three days,  The only sunny day was the day I was leaving.
  • I went to the Smutty Nose Brewery in NH.  I liked this place. I befriended a couple and we chatted each other up for the better part of an hour.  They were also from Philadelphia and of the same mind set.  We shouted across our tables for the better part of an hour.  It never occurred to either of us to get up and move over to the other's table.
  • I went to the Deviant Brewery in ME and I didn't like it at all.  The beer was mediocre and I didn't like the vibe.
  • I stayed at the Hampton Beach Inn which was right across the street from the beach and I had a balcony with a beach view. I liked the place.
  • The first night I went to a seafood restaurant and got the Seafood Fetticinni Alfredo.  I had lobster, scallops, shrimp and mussels on a bed of spaghetti with the blandest Alfredo I have ever eaten. I think the sauce came out of a jar.
  • Hampton Beach is the most densely built beach resort town I have every seen. They do not have to leave any space on their property for a yard so most of the lots are filled to capacity and so is this small town.

No comments: