Tuesday, March 23, 2021

A Message From Gloria: Good News

A Message From Gloria:  Good News

SIAS University

Henan Province, China

Spring 2014


In the spring fo 2012, I taught global leadership skills to a group of college women. In a few weeks, the last of my Chinese students will graduate and I will no longer know anyone at SIAS University.  That makes me a little sentimental.  So I wrote to several of them last night to tell them I was thinking of them.  here is Gloria's immediate response:

 
 
Hah! you! I miss hearing from you.  Well, you never told me what you are doing.  
Last month, I got an offer from Strathclyde, a British University. I applied it because it has wonderful marketing program and doesn't require an application fee. but I decided not to study abroad for now. It is too expensive, so I think I'd better start to save money first.
 
I took the job offer this week at Le Meridien Zhengzhou, near SIAS. Assistant Manager of Stewarding. Salary is 2800rmb with food and accommodation covered. I actually like job offers in shanghai more for I think there are more possibilities. However I'm convinced Le Meridien might be a good start.  I will learn new things in this position.
Hugs,
Gloria
 

No comments: