Wednesday, March 27, 2019

August 2018

August 2018
West Chester, PA

I love this kid.
1- (W)- PA- the day started slowly with no damn energy.  I got up late and then still had to take an afternoon nap.  Things picked up when I went to Bar Avalon with Debbie and Jeff for the all-you-can-eat-mussells special.  Damn, they were good.  We followed that up with a drink at Lemoncello.

2- (TH)-PA- Philly- Woke up to discover a damn bird in my apartment.  He must have been there all damn night as he appeared weak and lethargic. I went to Senator Toomey's office to lobby for CARE. We met with his field representative. We received good vibes but I wonder if our message will get back to the Senator. On the way home, I stopped by the Urban Village Brewing Company for a flight of IPAs.  None of them appealed to me. And then I came home and got a reasonable offer on my house in MD.  YIPEEE!

at the concert
3- (F)- PA- I thought I had a damn dentist appointment.  I am having serious gum problems and have to go every three months for awhile. But it is not until next week.  So I feel like I did on snow days.  I have found time. Sloane and Aiden were going to come over for a swim but the heavy downpour of rain killed that idea.  Sloane, Aiden and James did come over for dinner at the Side Bar Cafe.  I've been there several times over the last two weeks.

4- (S)- DE- Elliot's 1st birthday party. OMG, that kid is so damn cute.  We had a fun event and he was perfect for the crowd of family and friends.

5- (SU)-PA- I laid in bed until early afternoon, listing to a podcast on the Natalie Wood mystery.  I think the husband did it. But then so do a lot of other people. In the evening, I went to an outdoor concert with Tricia.  The band was mediocre. It's Root Beer Day, our family holiday.

The Deer Head Inn
6- (M)- PA- I had a dermal planning treatment on my face.  That means someone took a scrapper and scrapped all of the peach fuzz and grime off my face.  I look 57 days younger.

7- (TU)- PA- I had a hydrafacial treatment today.  My face was vacuumed by a technician who sucked all of the dirt out of my pores. I had dinner with the Springfield faculty @ Sissy Steager's house.  I invited about 8 of us to her house and she made dinner.  It was great.  And then I got to bring home big pile of leftovers.  We are going to have to do this again and soon. When I got back to my apartment I realized I did not have my damn fob and couldn't get in to the garage or the building until the drunks came home from the bar and let me in.

8- (W)-PA- Stroudsburg- drove up to see Sue Frantz and to go kayaking but I took so damn long to get up here that it was too late to go out.  So we pick up Lisa Latham and went to a Thai restraint for dinner and then headed over to the Deer Head Inn for drinks.

9- (TH)- PA- Stroudsburg- we drove up to the Promise Land State Park for an afternoon of kayaking and the day was just perfect.  It water was warm, the sun wasn't too  intense, a breeze followed us the whole time. Sue made a quincnio salad.  Lisa brought peaches and we sat on the beach and ate our munch.  I'd like to have more days like this.

10- (F)- PA- went to he movies with KF.  We saw Eighth Grade, a sad but honest portrayal of the dreadful life of thirteen year old girls in America.  I started listening to the podcast: Atlanta Monster.

11- S- PA-OMG, I can get hooked on binge listening at times.  I stayed up until 3 to listen to the Atlanta Monster and then I listen again mid-morning until the series was finished.   It's raining like crazy which has been a deterrent to the big bike race in town.  But it's still on. Tricia and Bill are coming in for dinner and the race.

12- SU- DE- Jon and I talked Lucia to drive us to the Wilmington Brewery Works so we could spend an afternoon of irresponsible drinking.  Jen Hogan and her daughter joined us. Later we went to an Italian restaurant for dinner where I had veal and artichokes.  And then I came home and went to bed.

13- M- PA- it's a rainy, rainy day and other parts of the area are experiences flash floods.  I am pouting because my balcony furniture is too wet to sit on.  I usher tonight at Uptown for a kids' movie.

the coffee machine
14- T- PA- PMG. I went to see BlackKKKlansman and it drained me. When the movie ended, everyone sat there in silence and despite. What has become of our nation?

15- W- PA- I met Deb and Lisa in Phoenixville and we hit two breweries: Root Deep and Stable 12.  I love to sit in a bar and drink beer. A new coffee machine showed up in my apartment lobby and everyone is abuzz in more ways than one.

16- TH- PA- the day started very slowly. Finally, around 4 PM, I wandered down to the lounge and ran int o Jon and convinced him to have a barbecue dinner for a group of us.  We did and it was great fun and ended with several of us watching an Eagles game.

17- F- PA- Lucia is moving within the week so I was summoned to her apartment to pick out the last of her possessions.  I left with toilet paper and beer. Then I spent the afternoon at the pool.  I don't know why I don't go to he pool every damn day.  It's so pleasant. Aretha Franklin died today after a long battle with cancer.  Everyone seemed to mourn her death.  The death of celebrities seems to be the only thing that unites our country anymore.

18- SA- DE- I met up with Jaye and went to the movies at Theatre N.  I like this theatre because they serve beer.  We watched the Catcher Who Became a Spy. Then we went to a Mexican restaurant for dinner. I had chimichangas which I love.

19- SU- PA- Damn, it really rained today.  Jon and I went to the Hidden River Brewery.  It's right on a creek and I would love to kayak down this creek and stop in for a beer.  It would be a great, fun, potentially dangerous way to spend an afternoon.

20- M- PA- I didn't go to bed until 6:15 AM.  I have got to do something about my sleep problem. We had our beer club here at the apartment and everyone brought beers that I liked.

21- T- MD- I went to my house to MD and discovered that my kayak was stolen.  FUCK!!! I am so angry.  I went to the police and reported it and they seemed a bit more optimistic than me. I had take-out sushi with Joann. I came home and ripped my apartment apart, looking for the title for my kaka.  No luck.  Now, all of my junk is all over the place and it will be forever before I put it all back.

22- W-PA- I went to the dentist this morning.  I am on a three month cleaning schedule now that my gums are giving out on me. Damn, it is a pain in the ass to be getting old and falling apart.

23-Th- PA- Rocco and I headed up to Williamsport to see the Little League World Series.  It was great fun, more fun than I had anticipated.  Now I want to go back next year.  But next year, I am going to plan better and see two games, back to back.

24- F- PA- OMG, yesterday's trip wore more out more than I thought it had.  I slept in until 2 PM. What a lazy ass!!! I sat on the couch in the lounge all afternoon and bragged about my fun day at the Little League game.
And I am covered in poison ivy from my five minutes of gardening on Tuesday.

25- S- PA- the day was about to be a completely wasted day until I discovers the Beer Mill, right down the street.  I spent too much money there and I cant go there again if I know what's good for me.

26- SU- PA- I went to brunch with a few of us in my apartment to celebrate Lucia's pending move to Florida.  She leaves on Tuesday and doesnt want to go so she cried a little bit through the meal.  Later I joined up with the Springfield faculty for an all-you-can eat crab dinner. Surprise, surprise, surprise: I ate like a pig.

27- M- PA- it's hot today and I have plans to go to the pool but not until I go to the Appalachian Brewery Company that just opened up around the corner from me.

28- T- DE- I had another facial today and with a groupon, it only cost $27.  However, the woman was an absolute kook.  I think she had aspergers' syndrome. Then it was off to the pool to escape this damn heat wave.

29- W- PA- OMG, it was so damn hot today.  The heat index had us at 104.  So I grabbed my niece's kids and brought them to the pool.  We spent the whole afternoon there and then wandered down the  steamy hot evening and had a slice of big ass pizza and water ice.  These kids exhausted me.

30- TH- PA- I am a lazy ass. I spent the morning listening to a podcast about a kid who vanished in to thin air when he was five.  It's 45 years later and there is no sign of him.  I have got to stop this damn podcast binge lsitening.  I then wander off to the pool and made unsolicited comments to the men who have taken over the pool for football throwing contests.  I dont think they thought my comments were as funny as I thought they were.

31- F- PA- I typically loathe this day.  It's the last day of summer fun. But today I spent the day with Eileen Cartwright, a teacher from Stroudsburg.  We were both hired in 1988 and I haven't seen her for 25 years.  So we meet for lunch and then went out for coffee and then wandered off to a bar and the her new husband joined us and then we had dinner and then I just had to go home because I had an hour drive and I was exhausted from an afternoon well spent.




No comments: