Friday, December 14, 2018

S


S

Some thoughts and memories:

  • Staudts- my sister and her family
  • Shorts- I never wear them.  I am never warm enough.
  • Stout beer- yes.
  • San Miguel River- CO- 2011- I went whitewater rafting down this river.
  • Scotland- 1982-my grandfather was from Glasgow.
  • Singapore- 1994- this place has too many rules
  • Schuylkill River- PHL
  • South Carolina- I drove down to the Outer Banks in my van that got 8 miles/gallon. that was an expensive trip.
  • South Dakota- 2012
  • Shamans- I've met a few of them in my lifetime and I am not dismissing their work.
  • South Africa- 1994
  • Sias University- China- I taught here in 2012 and 2015 for the world Academy for the Future of Women.
  • Sisters- Kathy, Sharon and Patricia.
  • Sisters-In-Law: Joan and Cindy
  • San Juan Island- Belize- beautiful
  • San Juan- Costa Rico- not the prettiest part of the country.
  • San Juan, WA- another beautiful place, right above Seattle
  • Susan B. Anthony- one of my heroes.
  • Sahara Desert- Morocco- Damn, it's hot there.
  • Snorkeling- I love, love love to snorkel.
  • Storks- these birds are so pre-historic and I don't see enough of them.
  • Stereo equipment- I have purchased a lot of stereo equipment in my time.  I've owned turntables, 8 track, cassettes, CD players, PM3 players, transistor radios, Walkman cassette systems, Bose sub-woofers, etc. Now I stream everything.
  • State College, PA
  • South Africa- 1994- I was here right before Mandala was elected.  The tension was scary.
  • Saint Benjamin Brewery- PHL- no thank you.
  • Stroudsburg, PA- I lived here from 1988 to 1999.
  • Santiago- Spain- 2012- I walked 100 kilometers of this path.
  • Springfield, PA- I lived here from 1999 to 2012.
  • Steamboat- CO- 2005- I took a hot air balloon ride here fro my 50th bday.
  • Stonehenge- England- 1982- a magical place in its own right.
  • San Juan Islands- WA- it's an effort to get her but well worth it.
  • Sam Stein- my friend since 1975.  She lives in CA now.
  • St. Patrick's Day- my favorite day of the year- March 17.
  • Seine River- Paris- 1978- I walked along the Left Bank.
  • Skete Monastery, NY- I spent three days with the 12 monks at this monastery.
  • State Senate race- District #35 in MD.  I ran in 2014.
  • Sante Fe- New Mexico- the wind was so strong here that I had to scurry a little bit when I was walking.
  • Scrapple- a Philadelphia breakfast treat.  Don't ask how it is made.
  • Stewert's Brewery- DE- I've been here several times.
  • Statue of Liberty- I love to look at this statute. My grandparents may have come in through this port.
  • St. James Bay- Canada- I drove to the end of the last passable road along this bay.
  • Sweden- 2013- this place is expensive so one visit is enough for me.
  • Stomp- I've seen this production about three times and everyone was different and held my interest.
  • Shiroodhara Treatment- Nepal- for one hour, a woman poured warm oil over my forehead. OMG, it felt great.
  • Sunsets over the Bay- Barnaget Bay, NJ- I watched these sunsets fro 30 years and enjoyed every one of them.
  • Shrimp- a favorite seafood.
  • Shots of alcohol- no thank you.  I am too old for that nonsense.
  • Serengeti- Tanzania dn Kenya- on safari
  • Smokin'Joe's Bar- Key West, FL- 1976 and 2013- Hemingway's old hangout that probably looks and feel nothing like his experience.
  • Sam Adams Brewery- MA- I spent three days here.
  • Saunder's House- Fall, 1975- Philadelphia, PA- I poured coffee at this nursing home, starting at 6:30 fucking AM.
  • Speed Boat Ride- New Zealand
  • Spain- 1997, 1998 (2) and 2012- my sister and her family lived here for a year.
  • Society's Child- Janis Ian- a stunning song written by a 17 year old girl who addressed a painful, truthful, horrible time of hatred.
  • Spanish Steps- Italy- 1973- I think I was pinched in the rear end here.
  • Sydney Opera House- 2015- Australia- nothing was playing that interested me.  Missed opportunity.
  • St. Padre Pio- I went to his monument on his birthday.  He is a Patron Saint of Healing.
  • Shakespeare- OMG, I hate reading him and his plays aren't much better and my English teachers hated my point of view.
  • Sri Lanka- 2004- I loved every placed I visited here.
  • Steaks- I like mine as rare as they can be served.
  • Swimming Lessons From A Bully- Mr Potter- YMCA- Ardmore, PA -Summer, 1964
  • Semester At Sea- 1994- I traveled on this ship for 100 days and we went to 11 ports- Bahama, Venezalia, Brazil, South Africa, Kenya, India, Malaysia, Singapore, Japan, China and Hong Kong
  • Sue Descano-  my friend from Springfield HS.
  • Sally Doan- my friend from college.  We have just re-connected after many years.
  • Sadie Applebee- Philly- 1960s- the librarian at the Philadelphia Library in Wynnfield, PA
  • San Fransisco- I have friends who live here so I've been here several times.
  • San Jose, CA- 2015- this city doesn't hold my interest.
  • San Diego, CA- 1995- my friends live here so I've visited them about four times in the last 25 years.
  • Salt Lake City, Utah- 2007- I took my niece here and she was overwhelmed by how pushy the Mormons were.
  • Sarah Palin- I wonder if John McCain wakes up every damn day and asked himself, "What was I thinking when I picked her?"

No comments: