Wednesday, December 19, 2018

July 15, 2013

FACEBOOK POST


Haiti Family Initiative Program
Jacmel, Haiti
July 15, 2013




Our camp is held within the compound of the Salvation Army in Jacmel, Haiti. Today, young children scaled the wall and snuck in to camp, hoping to get fed lunch. We had to physically kick them out as we didn't have enough food for everyone. That was really hard to do because everyone is hungry in Haiti, except me.


Some of the comments:

  • Wow Bridget. I can not imagine how you all must feel, kicking those hungry children out of your camp.Your being there makes me feel such gratitude, for the life that I have here in America and for people like you who really do make a difference in this world. If we can send some $ to help you please let us know where to send it.

  • Must have been so heart breaking! You're doing such great work! Do you speak french?

  • Sounds like a reason for another trip...must be so hard to have to make choices and decisions like that...keeping the children in my thoughts and prayers

  • I wish i was there. I can't believe i just said that.

  • I am so beyond proud to have you as a part of my life. You make up a part of my story and for that I am thankful. God Bless you my sister as you continue to help those who can not help themselves. Love and Light.



No comments: