Tuesday, December 18, 2018

A

A

  • Albany- my great aunt lived in Albany and I became her primary caretaker and I lived in Philadelphia.  This was a difficult task.
  • Alaska- 2007, 2017- This massive state is humbling and beautiful
  • Antarctica- an adventure of a lifetime. 2007
  • Argentina- 2007-  My trip to Antarctica started and ended here.
  • Aruba- 2006- I would like to rent and AirBnB here and spend a few weeks.
  • Australia- 2015- Cairns, Darwin, Alice Springs, Sydney
  • Austria- 2012- I lost one of my diamond earring here so I don't have great memories of this country.
  • Arctic Circle- 2007- June- It was daylight for 23 hours.
  • Arctic Tundra- 2018- Churchill, Canada- I went here to see the polar bears
  • Arizona- I thought I wanted to live here and i gave it a try but it was too far away from my family.
  • Alabama- 1997- My niece went to college here for a short period of time.  The college mascot was a lion that was caged in the middle of campus.  Students used to throw live cats in to the cage.
  • Arkansas- 2010- Central High School, home of civic rights and courage.
  • Adjunct Professor- 2010- St. Joseph's University- Educational Leadership
  • American War Museum- The Viet Namese refer to this war as the American War
  • Alamo- Texas- 2010- I took my 12 year old nephew here and he told me that coming here was a lifelong dream.
  • Apples- overrated fruit.
  • Annie Lennox- one of my favorite musicians
  • Ayers Rock, Australia- 2015- Nope, it's Ulurlu Rock now.
  • Alice Springs- 2015- Australia- I only spent two days here.  I wish I had stayed at least one more day.
  • Albums- I had hundreds of vinyl albums in the 60s, 70s, 80, and 90s.  Then slowly, they all disappeared.
  • Antelope Canyon- AZ- absolutely spectacular.
  • African American Museum- 2018- AVAM- Baltimore- one of my favorite museums.
  • Algonquin Provincial Park- Canada
  • Arches National Park- UT- 2007- I was here with my niece and we took a thrilling jeep ride over these massive boulders.
  • Arlington National Cemetery- VA
  • Assateague Island- the horses run free and they are intimidating.
  • Assistant High School Principal- 1988-1992- this was a tough job.
  • Auckland, New Zealand- 2015- I wish I had spent more time here.
  • Austin, TX- 2010- Remember the Alamo
  • Avenue Q- the musical- NYC- 2011
  • August Christopher Kelly (Gus) - my nephew
  • Asher Brewery- CO- a sweet, little place to drink me.
  • Avery Brewery- CO- this brewery has 30 beers on tap.  I want to go there with a beer kook who will drink all day with me.
  • Aunts- Jane, Jody, Peggy and Joann. Only Joann is living, the youngest and she is 85.
  • Aegean Sea- i sailed through here on the Semester At Sea Enrichment Program.
  • Allegheny River- Pittsburgh
  • Amazon River- Peru- I spent a week on a tributary of this river and I loved every difficult minute of it.
  • Atlantic Ocean- I've spent hours watching this ocean from the beaches of Long Beach Island, NJ.
  • Apple- I hate Apple products and I have a MAC. two iPhones, two iPads, a nano player, an IPOD, Itouch.
  • Azalea BushesPhiladelphia- each Spring- We used to have beautiful azalea bushes in our front yard.  They covered the length of the house and they were so fragrant and lovely.  
  • Amy Tan- one of my favorite authors.
  • Abraham Lincoln- a great mind and a great leader. I wonder what our country would be like if he had lived out his presidency.
  • Alcohol- I like beer but I don't like hard liquor.
  • Anchovies- please don't add these to my pizza.
  • Arconstani, AZ- a little hippie/artsy town.
  • Annabelle- my sister's friend.  I don't know any other Annabelle.
  • Applesauce- I hate it.  I don't like the texture or the taste.
  • Artichokes- I like them grilled.
  • Avocado- I just started eating this on toast and it is delicious.
  • Afghanistan- I want to go here but I don't know if it will ever be safe enough for me to do that.
  • Amish- they live near me and they intrigue me.
  • Ankor Wat, Cambodia- 2005- I could have spent days here.
  • Audiobooks- I love to listen to a good book when i am on a long car ride.
  • Artwork- I collect street artwork from around the world.
  • Abington Hospital, PA- I was born here in 1955.
  • Amazon Shopping- this option is beginning to suck me in.  I just signed up for Amazon Prime.
  • Angel From Montgomery- John Prine released this song first but I prefer Bonnie Raitt's rendition.
  • Alice Paul Institute- 2016- NJ- a leader in the feminist movement.
  • Atlanta, GE- 2016- the airport is so damn crowded but the downtown area closes up at 5PM.
  • Artist- I consider myself to be an artist even though I do not really have any artistic talent.
  • Altitude Sickness- I had to be treated three times fro altitude sickness when I was in Tibet.
  • Attendance Awards- the only awards I won in school.
  • Antelope Canyon, AZ- a beautiful place to visit.

No comments: