Monday, December 17, 2018

O


O
A few of my thoughts and memories and things:

  • October- I love this month.  Pumpkin beer is released.
  • Oktoberfest- Munich, Sept 2016- Those Germans can really drink beer.
  • Ocean City Brewery- MD- a fun brewery.  Go there.
  • Overbrook- I grew up in the Overbrook section of Philadelphia
  • Overbrook School for the Blind- Philadelphia
  • Oklahoma- 2010
  • Oregon- a gorgeous state. I drove the entire coast and it was breath-taking.
  • Ohio- I went here once for a Penn State games and it was so cold, I got hypothermia.
  • Obama- I met him in 2014.  It was a thrill.
  • Orangutans- I want to go to Rwanda to see them in the wild.
  • "O" the Cirque du Soleil show- Las Vegas- June 2015
  • Our Town- Thornton Wilder- I loved this play in high school but I have seen too many high school productions that I am tired of it.
  • One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich- Solzhenitsyn- an outstanding book.
  • Oatmeal- I really don't like it
  • Oatmeal Cookies- overrated.
  • Over the Counter Drugs: mostly pain killers for my arthritis, something to help me sleep and really, a decongestant.
  • Oliver Twist- I thought this was such a sad, sad story when I was a kid.  Now, I'm tired of the story.
  • One Hundred Years Of Solitude- Gabriel Marques- I started out liking this book but then it got too weird and the movie was even weirder.
  • Opera: nit my taste in music.
  • On The Road- Jack Kerouac- I found this book in one of my student's locker so I read it and I loved it.  I think I have read this book three times.
  • Omar Shariff- a handsome guy through the ages.
  • Outer Banks, NC- wonderful beach fronts rentals at affordable prices.
  • Outrageous- yes, I've been called that.
  • Opinionated- yes, I've been called this as well.
  • Obnoxious- yup.
  • Oprah- she took us by storm and now she owns the world.
  • Oslo, Norway- this is one very expensive city.
  • Oakland, CA- a happening town.
  • Ordinary People- a movie about the harsh realities of family life.
  • On Golden Pond- a sappy movies with the Fonda family.
  • Orange juice- I like to drink OJ but I just wish it didn't have so much sugar.
  • Oranges- I cant stand to eat them. I don't like the juice running down my arms.
  • Octopus- yes, I like to eat calamari.
  • Osama- a movie about the horrible conditions females must endure under the Taliban.
  • Olive Oil- I never use it but then I never cook.
  • Ohio State- as a Penn Stater, I dislike their fans.
  • Ode to Billie Joe- Bobbie Gentry-I love this song. I think they throw a baby off the bridge.
  • OMG- an overused expression that I use too much.
  • OTTO- this name is spelled the same, frontwards and backwards.
  • Out West- exploring the route of Lewis and Clark. I just wanted to jump in my car and explore the world after I read a book like this.
  • Overweight- yes I am
  • Out of Africa- Isak Dinesen- I never read the book but I loved the movie.
  • Ostrich- a great, big, spastic bird.
  • Once- the movie- I loved it and it is just too damn sad that I cant watch it again.
  • Onions- I only like them if they are grilled.  I do not like raw onions.
  • Onion rings- love them.
  • Oh, Very Young- Cat Stevens-  I used to love him but after he made negative comments about the USA after 9/11, I stopped liking him. I am slowly beginning to forgive him.
  • Oysters- raw, Rockefeller, in sushi, or grilled.  YES
  • Omelets- yes, but I prefer my eggs to be scrambled.
  • Orbitz- I book a lot of my trips through this site.
  • Old Man- Neil Young- This song is too sad for me.
  • Oreo Cookies- I used to eat them until I felt sick.  Now, I don't eat them anymore and they seem too heavy to me.
  • On Broadway- The Drifters- one of my all time favorite songs.
  • Ovaltine- I haven't had a cup of this drink in 50 years.  I wander if it is still made.


No comments: