Saturday, September 29, 2018

G


G
Some of my thoughts and memories and things:


  • Germany- 1979, 2004, 2012, 2013, 2016
  • Garden- I love my garden.
  • Gobi Desert, Mongolia- this is a magnificent place, even if I had to ride on camels to get around some places.
  • Greece- the islands are beautiful, even in the dead of their winter.
  • Guatamala- a country of beautiful, colorful weavings and fabrics.
  • Gin- I had a run in with gin in 1973 on my first night of college.  Now, I still can't drink gin and most clear liquors.
  • Glacier Brewery- MT
  • Golden Brewery- CO- a sweet place to spend the afternoon.
  • Gummy Bears- yup, I like them.
  • Gordon Biersch Brewery- CA- I'm not going back here.
  • Goose Island Brewery- PA- my 100th brewery.
  • Great Danes Brewery- WI- this place was just OK.
  • Grumpy Trolls Brewery- WI
  • Grand Canyon- AZ- there is no word to describe this magnificent place- 2018.
  • Gin Rummy- my grandparents came to our house almost every day and we played cards. We played a lot of gin rummy and now I don't remember the rules.
  • Glen Canyon- AZ- I took a raft down the Colorado River and ended up at Horseshoe Bend.
  • Gelati- I wish I didn't like this delicious treat.
  • Golden Gate Bridge- CA- I like to look at it.  I would love to walk across it some day.
  • Gum- I chew a lot of gum.  I have a very dry mouth so this is one way to soothe my discomfort.
  • Grandparents- I only knew my mother's parents and I loved them. They visited us every damn day.
  • Gofundme- I see more and more people using this site to pay for funeral costs of young people who have died suddenly from drug overdoses. parents never plan for this cost.
  • Golfing- it is such a boring game.  My dad made my siblings and me take lessons when I was 12. But he quickly discovered that none of us were interested in this sport.
  • Gus- my nephew.
  • Gin- I had a run in with gin in 1973.  I drank way too much one night.  Now, 45 years later, I still can't drink much hard liquor.
  • Germans- my German friends come both USA every October for two weeks.  I refer to  them as "The Germans".
  • Germantown, PA- I used to live near here.
  • Gnash- one weird god but one I like to photograph.
  • Girl- I go crazy when someone refers to me as a girl.  I am an adult want want to be treated as such.  I am a woman.  I am not a girl.
  • Georgia- I drove to Georgia to meet Jimmy Carter.  That was one long weekend of driving that was worth my time.
  • Ganges River- India- I spent my 60th birthday here.
  • Giving birth- no thanks.  That's not for me.
  • Gulf of Mexico- I hang here when I visit my friends' winter homes in Florida.
  • Gulf of Panama- I sailed through the Panama Canal from the Gulf of Panama.
  • God Bless You- What a stupid thing to say when someone sneezes.
  • George H. Bush- an idiot.
  • George W. Bush- an even bigger idiot.
  • Great Barrier Reef- I want to go back to this wonderful place.
  • Greenbrier Road- Carpenter's Point, MD- my home for 12 years.
  • Grier Street- Williamsport, PA- my home for three years.
  • General Hospital- a stupid soap opera that I watched for too many years.  What a waste of time.
  • George Peabody Library- Baltimore, MD
  • Great Gatsby- I thought this was a fantastic book when I read it in 1972.  Now, I find it to be boring.
  • Ginger- a very appealing taste to me.
  • Great Aunt- I became a great aunt in October 2009.
  • Grand Canyon- June 2018- it was magnificent.
  • Gardening- I love my garden but I don't always like to garden. I hate pulling weeds.
  • God Bless YouMy Personal Stance- I don't say this anymore after anyone sneezes. It's stupid.  Do you really thing God is sitting around on high alert every time someone sneezes and he stops everything to bless that person. 
  • Gatlinburg, TN- 2018- I spent five days here with friends.


No comments: