Monday, May 28, 2018

This Camera

This Camera
My Canon Point and Shoot
2012-2017

I am in Nepal and my camera has died on me.  I am devastated.  I know I have my DSL, my Phone and my iPad camera as well.  But I love my point and shoot camera the best.  There is no effort to start it up and set it up and snap photo after photo as there is with he other cameras.  I love this camera.  I take it everywhere.  When I leave my house, I double check to make sure I have my keys, my phone and my camera.  I slip it in to my back pocket and snap all day long.

This camera has been to India and China and Nepal and Tanzania and Norway, Denmark, Russia, England, Jamaica, Honduras, Belize, Panama, Canada, Germany, Spain, Australia, New Zealand, Fiji, Costa Rico, NY, NJ, DE, OR, AZ, CA, NM, WA, UT, CO, SD, VA, FL, GA, ID, MT, DC, CT and many other places.

It has photographed Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton, Jimmy Carter, Congressman Joe Lewis, the Pope, Madeline Albright and lions and tigers and zebras and giraffes.

It has captured moments in my garden as flowers burst from the ground and wilt back in to the dirt.  It has captured birds and bugs and butterflies. Snowstorms, rainstorms and hailstorms have all been documented.

It has seen the rise of the next generation as my nieces gave birth. It's been to family weddings and holiday celebrations.  It's been to political demonstrations and concerts and farm shows.

It's been my faithful companion and now I see that I should have made greater efforts not to drop it so many damn times.  Now I know.



No comments: