Sunday, May 27, 2018

Favorite Places In Maryland

Favorite Places in Maryland

These places are mostly in Cecil County.  I bought a house there in 2006 and used this place as a weekend get-away.  But in 2012, I moved there permanently and very quickly, the place seemed so small and isolated tome.  So, in June 2017, I just moved to West Chester in to an apartment.  My house sits empty but I will probable sell it soon.  As I work to distance myself form this place, I find that certain spots are growing fonder and fonder for me. There are some of my favorite spots/events from this area:


  •       Fels Point- this is a fun, hip place to visit.

  •      American Visual Arts Museum- I love this museum. I go here once or twice a year.

  •      Havre d’Grace- there are some nice bars and restaurants in this quaint town.

  •      Woody’s- I eat here a lot and I order the same thing every time: A Loose Cannon beer and snow crab legs.

  •      Johnnie Sushi House- Joann and I go here from time to time and we love what we order and vow to remember what we ordered so we can order it again but we never remember.

  •     Carpenter’s Point- that’s where I live.

  •     Perryville Library- this library system won a well-deserved national award in 2015.

  •     North East- This is a sweet, little town.

  •     Red Point Cove- this is a bizarre, little community tucked away between mansions and gentlemen’s farms.

  •      Wellwood’s Annual Seafood Buffet- It’s all you can eat in a two-hour period.

  •      Chesapeake Coffee Shop- I like to spend afternoons here.

  •      Baker’s Chicken Pot Pie night- you bring your own pot and they fill it up for you.

  •      North East River- I kayak here and this river owns a piece of my soul.

  •      Pit Beef Sandwich Shop- they offer ham, turkey or beef sandwiches that are four inches thick.

  •         Joann’s house- I go there on Friday nights and we sit around and drink and argue about politics and watch movies.

  •      My back yard and garden- I get tons of birds, bugs, butterflies and small animals back there. I also have a hot tub back there that I just love.

  •          Steak and Main’s front bar- I only like to sit at the bar.  That way, I can watch the sushi chef and get quick, good service.

  •      China Star- I order large quantities of food when I go here and then come home and break everything up in to single serving sizes and freeze them for a future meal.

  •       Port Deposit riverfront- I like to have a drink on the deck at Land’s End.

  •      The Crab Crawl- a fun fundraiser for the library.

No comments: