Monday, April 23, 2018

Thanksgiving 2017


Thanksgiving Dinner
Kathmandu, Nepal
November 23, 2017

I return to Thamel after a week of traveling throughout Nepal.  I wait at my hotel for Laura, Nirmala and Jebin to join me for Thanksgiving dinner.  They are traveling from Imadol.  We, Laura and I, are resigned to the fact that we will not have a traditional meal but we are committed to overeating.  We convince our Nepali guest that this is really the essence of Thanksgiving: overeating.  However, much to my surprise, we do find a restaurant that is offering a Thanksgiving buffet which immediately sparks a nostalgia in me.  I eat turkey and something that resembles stuffing and yellow pumpkin pie.  My two Nepali guests convince the waiter to let them split a Thanksgiving dinner and he does and they eat way too much food and are satisfied that they had a Thanksgiving moment.



The proud chef.


To read more stories, check out:   bkmemoirs.blogspot.com
 or  bkmemoirs.wordpress.com

No comments: