Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Weekends in Thamel

Weekends in Thamel
Kathmandu, Nepal
November 13, 2017 to January 8, 2018




I am spending two months in Nepal, teaching young college women how to be world leaders.  The teaching is great.  But my living conditions are poor.  So I am escaping to Thamel every weekend as a reward for my poor living conditions. Thamel is a bit of a tourist trap that caters to the Western trekkers.  But I don't care.  Here is what I am perusing:


  • hot showers
  • a decent cup of coffee
  • orange juice
  • a comfortable bed
  • clean sheets
  • baked goods
  • a good breakfast
  • massages, facials and body scrubs
  • Sherpa Brewery Kolsch
  • The Living Goddess
  • a variety of food
  • conversations with random people
  • live music
  • a friendly atmosphere
  • some night life
  • heat at night
  • sightseeing
  • shopping
  • clean restaurants
  • museums

To read more stories, check out:   bkmemoirs.blogspot.com
 or  bkmemoirs.wordpress.com

No comments: