Tuesday, September 26, 2017

On A Camel in the Sahara



On A Camel In The Sahara
Morocco
July 2008

So many things do not come naturally for me.  Other people can walk through the forest with ease and I trip over ever rock and pebble the whole way. Others put on ice skates and take to the ice as if they were born to skate.  And how do people find the courage to go skiing down a mountain? I can't even put the skies on correctly.

So it was no surprise when I was on this camel ride and the woman behind me shouted to me, "Bridget, it looks like you are about to slide off the camel.  Pull yourself up to the right."

Was she kidding?  I could no more adjust myself on that damn animal. I was stuck in the position I took when I mounted that damn, smelly thing.  And I stayed in that position for three hours, when Mohammed came over to me and demanded that the camel kneel so I could roll off with a struggle and bad attitude.


No comments: