Monday, September 25, 2017

My Inventory

My Inventory
of all my junk

I lived in a three bedroom house for 12 years.  I filled it to capacity. Then I moved to a four bedroom house in 1999. Shortly thereafter, this house was also filled to capacity.  Then, in 2006, I bought a 2nd home, a small, two- bedroom weekend home by the water.  That house quickly became filled but I made an effort to keep it at a minimalist level.  I was successful at this endeavor until I decided to sell my primary house and downsize to the smaller house. This house was now filled to capacity and the shed in the backyard was jammed full of junk that should have never been moved from my main house. I should have gotten rid of this stuff long ago.

So, for the last four years, I have been trying to get rid of my junk but to little avail.  No matter how much junk I give away, more junk keeps popping up.  I can't get out from under all my stuff.

So I am going to move in to a small, one-bedroom apartment and then I am going to call Purple Heart and tell them to come and get all of my remaining junk.  I can't wait.

But I still have too much stuff:

7 cameras
2 beds
12 sets of sheets
8 pillows
3 floor lamps
2 sets of silverware
4 backpacks
2 suitcases
3 weekend bags
3 small coolers
12 beach towels
1 exercise bike
1 computer desk
2 coffee tables
2 large coolers
3 blowup air mattresses
6 pair of boots
6 coffee pots
a toaster voer
a blender
2 kettles
a pile of pens and pencils
4 kayaks
artwork from around the world
lots o f garden tools
a hot tub
a sauna
3 garden hoses
6 blow-up floatation seats for the water
6 long extension cords
2 walkie-talkies
a spare computer screen
3 sets of portable speakers for my MP3 players
3 telescopes
tools with an abundance of screw drivers
8 water bottles
piles of tupperware
a kitchen table
5 end tables
3 rugs
6 throw rugs
15 drinking glasses
2 belts
a couch
4 chairs
10 couch pillows
8 blankets
4 fans of various sizes
2 director's chairs
DVDs and CDs
6 kayak paddles
barbecue grilling utensils
50 bars of hotel soaps
13 coffee packets
pens, lots of pens
l1 lanterns
10 shoe boxes of letters and other correspondences
3 tents
10 camp chairs
shoes, shoes, shoe and I don't wear a lot of shoes
2 leather jackets
lots of books and too many of them are unread
2 computers
2 IPADS
4 MP3 Players
piles of notepads and notebooks. loose leaf paper, scratch pads, etc.
2 printers
4 blue tooth portable speakers

To read more stories, check out:   bkmemoirs.blogspot.com
 or  bkmemoirs.wordpress.com


No comments: