Thursday, April 18, 2024

Virginia


Virginia

  • I've visited my brother and his family 61 times in the last 25 years.  He lives near Staunton, VA.
  • I have another brother who used to live in Fairfax County, VA. I think he lived there about 10 years.
  • My grandparents are buried in Arlington cemetery.
  • The dichotomy between DC Virginia and rural Virgina is so astonishing to me. 
  • Montecello is worth the visit.
  • I wonder how long we have identified a particular ham as Virginia baked.
  • I've been to a few breweries in VA: Red Beard Brewery, Skipping Rock Brewery, Basic City Brewery, Stable Craft Brewery
  • I've been to Woodrow Wilson's house in Staunton.
  • I've toured the VA Military Institute.
  • I've explored Luray Caverns.
  • The best book fair I've ever attended is in Greenville, VA.  A massive warehouse opens its doors a few times a year and hundreds of thousands of books are for sale.  Ive left this place with a full year's worth of books to read.
  • I've been to Colonial Williamsburg twice now and that is enough.  I loved it as  a kid. It seemed silly to me as an adult.
  • I've been to Virginia Beach and it seems cheaper than the Jersey shore where I go.  But it's too far from me to get there.
  •  My nephew holds two state medals in high school track & field events.


     

No comments: