Tuesday, February 27, 2024

Alabama

Alabama

1997- Elvis was dead 20 years now. He was 42 when he died and I didnt really care becasue he was old and out of shape and fat.

Now I was 42, the age Elvis was when he died. And I was old and out of shape and fat.  And, coincidently, Charles Karut, my road trip idol,  died and I felt compelled to take a road trip with all of this going on. It was my birthday weekend and my mother wanted to know what she should do to make my day a celebration.  I told her that I couldnt celebrate this year as I had to make a pigiemage to Memphis to pay homage to Elvis and charles.  She laughed and told me not to be so damn silly.

When I called her later in the week, she asked where I was and I told her that I was in Chattanooga. She told me that there was something wrong with me.  I agreed and then went to Huntsville, AL to pick up my niece who joined me on my journey.


2023- Huntsville- I drove to Alabama for the specific task of going to a brewery.  I have a goal of visiting a brewery in every state and this state was one of the last few I had to conquer.  So I drove to my brother's house in VA and spent the night and then I went down to TN an spent the night and went to Ruby Falls the next day and made my way to Alabama to go to Yellowhammer Brewery.  Three of my beers were about 9.8% alcohol. I couldn't drink one of my beers because it had too much of a whiskey taste so I turned it back, got back in my car and headed home.

No comments: