Wednesday, August 30, 2023

The Endless Summer

The Endless Summer

A Movie



I watched this movie last night and I am feeling sentimental.  I watched this movie as a kid in 1966.  I was 11 years old. And I loved this movie.  It was so groundbreaking and so real.  I think this movie ignited my wanderlust as I just wanted to travel the world with these surfers.

I watched the movie about ten years ago and it was a bit of a disappointment.  I thought the guys were a bit sexist and the script was juvenile. I came to the conclusion that this fond, old memory was dead.  It's time to move on from my admiration of this moment.

But I went to watch it last night and I feel in love with it all over again.  I loved the simplicity of it.  I loved the wonderment of the surfers and I saw it differently from a few years ago.  I admired the surfers free spirit and good will to everyone they encounters.  And I left with yet another urge to go home, pack my bags and go on a trip.

No comments: