Thursday, August 31, 2023

Road Trip 2023 #7

Road Trip 2023 #7

Heading South

in the USA

PA/VA/TN/AL/WV

1800 Miles

May 18- 25, 2023


Jameson's graduation from the Fire Academy was the impetus of this trip.

I needed to go to a brewery in Alabama to add to my brewery states list. So I headed south after the graduation ceremony.

I only visit two breweries on this trip:

  •           Yellow Hammer Brewery- AL
  •           Oddstory Brewery- TN

Along the way down, I stopped at Ruby Falls in TN.

On the way home, I went to the New River Gorge National Park.

The Bridge Walk is 850 above the gorge.  I had to be tethered to walk across the undercarriage of the bridge.

While I was at the flee market with Jameson and Gus, I made two friends and the boys laughed at my friendly behavior.

I saw a man in WV who looked familiar to me and it turns out he was a guy from my old neighborhood in Philly. 

No comments: