Wednesday, July 26, 2023

Road Trip 2023 #11

Road trip 2023 #11

Larchmont, NY

Kelly Family Christmas In July Party

July 23m 2023



My damn hotel cost $345 for one fucking night.

Kathy hosted the party for the first time.  Usually Sharon or Patricia hosts the party.

In a silly, sentimental moment, I agreed to host the party next year and I think it is too late to get out of it.

Brielle, Quentin's new wife, went out of her way to make the day special for all of us. She had all of us tie-dye a shirt with the name and year of the event on the shirt.  I am not going to do that next yer.

Even though we had a big crowd, 15 of us were still missing.  I hope we can have a bigger crowd next year.

In addition to entertaining us on Saturday, we all went back on Sunday for a quick brunch.

We used to have this party during the week of Christmas and New Year's.  But two years ago, we moved it to July because of COVID.  This time of year allows us to be outside for the event.

There was a cookie baking contest.  I thought most of us would not participate.  But most people did bring cookies.  I did not.

Kathy had the boys help her decorate the house with Christmas decorations.  I am not going to be doing that next year.

GiGi, the three year old, discovered that she got a lot of laughs when she dunked her head in to the beer bucket.  Her uncles tried to discourage her form doing this.  I tried to encourage her.

No comments: