Monday, July 24, 2023

Road trip 2023 #10









Road Trip 2023 #10

Utah and Colorado

With KT

July 11- 18, 2023


I think  this is my 15th trip to Colorado.

We visited five breweries: Oscar Blues, Horse Fly Brewery, Stodgy Brewery, Snow Band Brewery and Odell Brewery.

Clay is living in Denver at the moment. So we had a nice visit with him.

I think Utah is becoming my favorite state.  I've been here twice before and I  still have places I want to visit there.

Clay, KT and I visited the Olympic Museum and I loved it. It's interactive and filled with memorabilia from all of the competition.s 

We got to Canyonland National Park and I think we were the only ones in th park. It took us two days to see all that we wanted to see.

We drove through Miguel Is Lat National Forest.  It was beautiful.

I wanted to spend a few days in Moab.  I had been there almost 20 years ago.  But as we pulled in to town, I was greatly disappointed in how commercial it had gotten over the last decade or so.  And the hotel rooms were $300- $700 so I quickly lost interest in this little town.

We spent one night at the Rio Gande Cottages along the Colorado River.  The miscutios were the size of flies.

On Saturday night, all of the Nicoellas met up with us at Oscar Blues Brewery. I've been to this brewery twice before and they have always had a large variety of beers.  But tonight, they only had five offerings.  They aren't brewing the way they used t brew.



No comments: