Sunday, April 30, 2023

Touchstone 2022









Touchstone 2022
Art Center

July 2022

Farmington, PA



This is my 4th time here. In the past, I took weaving, painting on fabric and mosaic design.  I loved all of htese courses.

This time, I took African Indigo Dye-tie Techniques for five days in July.

It rained every day.  I was soggy.

My instructor was a master from Nigeria. One day he is going to be king of his tribe.

This is the first summer since the pandemic that this organizaiton has been open.  Consequently, only 2  of the 5 art studios had participants.

There were 5 of us in our studio.  There should have been between 8-12 participants.

I stayed in one of the rustic cabins on site.  It was a short distance to the latrine.  Next time, I am going to pay a little extra and get a room with an indorr bathroom. im getting too old for this shit.

One of the participants never bothered to learn our names. On the last day she refreed to me as "you-ho" and I was insulted.

My classmates all came with 12" sqares of fabric to work on.  I brought a big assed, queen sized flat sheet to dye.  My project was ambitious and foolish.

Coming to this place, in the woods, with no interruptions from the outside world, to work solely on art for a week, soothes my soul.











No comments: