Saturday, August 28, 2021

The UN Goals


The UN Goals

Sias University

Spring 2012


For a short period of time,I taught leadership skills to college women in China. We focused on addressing the United Nation's goals. I asked the women which goals spoke to them.  There is a sample of their thoughts:


"In my opinion, I am the most interested in the combat HIV/AIDS. Because when the people hear the HIV/AIDS, they often feel scared. Therefore, we should make them realize that HIV/AIDS is not a terror. And I want to give the people who accrated (sic) by HIV/AIDS warm and make them more confident."  Hannah



"Education can help us get rid of poverty and create our own values. Knowledge is powerful. We need it to make our country stronger. Alice

"In the past, some parents only like son (boy). If mother have a daughter, she will feel guilty. Those parents thinks the daughter can't do things for them. And also have a lot of people think as a women, you should stay at home and take care of your husband or your children, cannot go to work. So I think everyone should pay attention to women. Something men do, women also can do it. For some special industry, I think women is better tan man. Everyone should change the mind." Amy

No comments: