Tuesday, August 3, 2021

Road Trip 2021-#6

Road Trip #2021- #6

Colorado and Wyoming and Idaho

July 2021


  • We hit a few breweries:
            Wibby Brewery- CO- This brewery only make lagers and other low alcohol beers. I did find an IPL (India Pale Lager) that I liked.

            Great Divide Brewery- CO- I found this place in the Denver airport and I had a flight for breakfast.

            One Eyed Buffalo Brewery- WY- This place is more interested in their food than their beers which I like is a mortal sin.

           Wild River Brewery- WY- I liked the beer but I didn't like the vibe of the brewery.

          Grand Tetons Brewery- ID- we sat outside and had a spectualr view of the Tetons and two IPAs.

  • We went to Idaho just so I could visit a brewery and add to my goal of a brewery in every state.
  • We went to a local rodeo and watched six-year olds ride small bucs.  The whole town came out to watch and everyone seemed to have a family member in the rodeo.
  • The Wind River Valley is beautiful, beautiful, beautiful.
  • It was too crowded to go to Yellowstone National Park.  We are in our second summer where people can not ravel around the world so our national parks are really being hit with tourist.  I was told that many people have to park two miles outside the park and hike in to the entrance.  I only have a two mile hiking capacity so that option was out for me.
  • We drove through The Grand Tetons but did not stop to see anything in particular except for the majestic Tetons.
  • We have a beautiful country. I could drive through this part of the world every day.  I never get tired of the scenery.
  • We saw moose, elk and antelope and many rodents that scramble across the road all the time.  I think we only ran over one of these rodents.
  • On Tuesday night, we went to the Wort Hotel and listened to live music and watched the locals get up and dance all night in their cowboy boots and hats.
  • We slept in the SUV one night.  KT fixed up a bunk bed situation in this small environment.
  • We set up a tent one night and we had such an intense wind storm that we were afraid we were going to abandon the tent and seek shelter in the car.

No comments: