Monday, August 23, 2021

Reconnecting


Reconnecting

FB Post

May 2012

I just got back from China after a three month teaching assignment.  This was my first Facebook Post:

I just want to thank my niece, Heather, for maintaining my blog while I was in China.  Along with Facebook, Twitter, You Tube and most other forms of social media, blogging is banned in China.  So I had to write my blogs on a word document and send them off to Heather via email and she did all of the posting.  It was very strange to write to no one and sometimes it felt as if all of my writings were going on to a black hole.  I was never really sure if she received everything and just not sure what the blog looked like.  I got to see it for the first time today.


Anyway, I took short videos while I was in China so I will publish them now. And several of my students said they wanted to write their stories for you so I will continue with the blog as long as I get material from them.  And just when I think I am running out of material,  I will probably return to China to see my lovely students.  They were great fun and I already miss them.

No comments: