Tuesday, August 24, 2021

Michigan


Michigan
1981, 2020

1981

I took a Greyhound bus from Philadelphia to Champlain, MI to attend a Women's Music Festival.


2020
  • covered about 3,000 miles in 10 days.
  • drove there and back and spent 10 days on the road in late September/early October.
  • Spent most of my time in the Upper Peninsula
  • had cherry barbecue potato chips and have been in search of them ever since.  I can buy a carton on Amazon for $45 but that is ridiculous.  I only want a bag.
  • Lake Huron
  • Lake Michigan
  • Lake Superior
  • Verna Mize, the Lady of the Lakes- Verna was a family friend and always talked about the pollution in the Great Lakes. So when I drove pass a park that had been dedicated to her, I had to pull over.
  • Copper Harbor
  • Marquette is a sweet town.
  • 5 Breweries: Keweenaw, Barrell & Beam, Sliver Spruce, Black Rocks, Marquette Harbor
  • Pasty: tastes like Shepard's Pie in a square croissant bun
  • Watching a dead moose get pulled out of Lake Michigan.. I was riveting
  • Silver Sand Dunes National Park
  • Painted Rock National Park


No comments: