Tuesday, March 30, 2021

An Update From the Oncologist

 


An Update from The Oncologist
An email to family and a few friends
November 30, 2020


Even though you didnt ask:

My oncologist called me this morning to discuss my pathology report.  I have LVI which I suspected would be the outcome.  Therefore, I am going to have to go through a radiation treatment. She is going to give me 6 weeks to heal and then I will start radiation some time in early January.  I have my first follow up meeting with her on Dec 4 and I will have more details at that time.


Lymphovascular invasion (LVI) indicates the presence of tumor cells in lymphatic channels (not lymph nodes) or blood vessels within the primary tumor as noted microscopically by the pathologist. LVI includes lymphatic invasion, vascular invasion, and lymphovascular invasion.

I’m not upset with today’s news and quite frankly, am grateful to receive this treatment.  Mom didn't have any post surgery intervention and I think that is why her cancer came back. My outcome is going to be very different.  

I will keep you posted.

Lots of love and gratitude to all of you,


Bridget

AND SOME RESPONSES:

Bridget,
Even though you didn't ask me, I'm going to pray for you every day. Although I'm not sure I believe in the power of prayer, exactly, I do believe in the power of people caring about and for those they love, so I also am confident of a good outcome. There are so many people in this universe who have you to thank for love, friendship, encouragement, guidance, enlightenment, support, and just good fun spent in your company that all that good spiritual karma you get in return will keep you with us for a really long time.
I am available for a ride to the doctor's office on Friday so let me know if you want me to do that. 
Love, Jaye


Thanks for the update, you have been on my mind but I didn't want to call if you weren't ready to share.  What the hell is a Lymphatic channel???  I'll have to google that.  Does it mean you are in danger of metastasis?
Give me a call when it makes sense, I got nothing going here, but I am doing school in the mornings with Xana.

KT


This is very promising. And your attitude is the best. Thanks for following up. Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you. 

KF

I did ask...
Happy you are satisfied. Grateful you were diagnosed immediately. Heal, rest and enjoy. January, a new opportunity. 
Hope you finally got that beer! 😈

JM




I’m available to take you to your treatments. 

No comments: