Saturday, February 27, 2021

Carina's Summer Experiences

Carina's Summer Experiences

Henan Province, China

August 2012


During the spring of 2012, I taught leadership skills to college women in china.  I loved, loved, loved their company.  They were so grateful for my time and so eager to learn.  We would sit for hours every day and just talk.  And when I left China, I really missed them.  And they missed me.  And so they wrote to me all of the time.  Here is Carina's letter about her summer of 2012.




 Hi,Bredget, it’s been a long time; how is your summer vocation? Anything interesting happened? And  I have so many want to tell you about my summer vacation.


I am going to be a junior officially in September. This summer vocation I have two jobs. One is an assistant for an English summer camp, I love this job, before this, many people told me that being an assistant in a summer camp was hard and meaningless, it’s all about taking care of children. And before this job, I really just treated it as a job, I thought its just seven days and I would not have some feeling about it. But I was wrong. I have to say it is kind of hard, you know the children is energetic and naughty, they keep challenging our patience. But children are always children; you cant blame them for their energy and naughty. They are pretty, frank and innocent. They made us laugh; they cared for us and comforted us when we were unhappy. Besides, during these days, all the students and teachers lived together, we were like a big family, we ate, slept, study, danced and had fun every dayI like working in team. Its much more fun than working alone.

 During the seven days, I have learned my first complete dance and done a lot of funny things. We also played some games. Like we put a empty bottle on the ground near the dustbin and waited to see how many people would pass by before the bottle was picked up and thrown into the dustbin, then we shall clap our hands for the people who picked it up. Like we played death, one people in our team went to find a stranger and asked for help, then he take this person to the place we all stayed, when the person were taken there, we all pretended to pass out and see what reactions they would have. Its very funny. I have some pictures for you, Carrol and Miriam.  I feel so lucky to have this job; I spent a happy week and met some kind, funny people. This experience also makes me understand that you will never know something unless you get involved personally. 

The other job is a translator for our schoolbut now I quit. Cause itnot like its supposed to be. We were told ittranslation, thats why so many people wanted to get this job, regardless it’s low payment. Walso went through a very difficult test. But the people who get admitted now are doing something has nothing to do with translation. I feel hurt. I give up other opportunities to get this job, all I think is to do something related to my major, my major is business EnglishI am eager to find some translate jobs. Now I am going to post a resume online and hope that I could get a job to translate during the vacation and in the spare time when I become a junior. 

This is all about my summer vocation .Now I have no job and plan to study for a major test next semester. Do you have something interesting? What is your plan this year?

Have a good day!!!

Carina

No comments: