Tuesday, December 22, 2020

Beer Stats

 

The Stats- UPDATED

Beer Stats That IS
I'm a Beer Kook
As of 1-27-21



I keep lots of lists but I think my beer lists are the lists I keep the most.  There are some of the lists I keep:


Breweries to date: 212

Beer Lists:  I was in the several hundreds when I kept a list and that was before we had smart phones and APPS.  I had to stop keeping this list as I was becoming too narcotic.  I used to save beer labels from the bottles and I had to stop that obsession as well.

Brewery Blog: BKBK.blogspot.com- NOW defunct because I was just becoming too obsessed with this beer nonsense.

Greatest Beer Accomplishment:  In the early 1980's, I was part of a competition to compiles Around the World in 80 Beers at Zeno's bar in State College, PA.  At the time, this was quite an accomplishment because breweries were not around and people only drank quantity of beer.  Quality was not a concern. And these beers were very expensive.  budget. And I was on a graduate student budget.  So it took me three years to complete this task.  But I did it. 

Countries where I have been to breweries: USA, Canada, Wales, German, UK,

Countries where I have attempted to visit a brewery and failed miserably: Nepal, Australia

Countries where I couldn't find a beer: Bangladesh.  I didn't have a beer for five weeks. that's the longest I've gone without a beer since 1970.

A flight party
Oktoberfest:  2017 in Munich

Beer Year- 2018- I visited 61 different breweries from January 1 to December 31, 2018.

Brewery Day- May, 2017- I visited 5 breweries in one day in Philadelphia.  I think this record will not be surpassed by me ever again.

Top 10 Go To beers:
  
1- Sierra Nevade Pale Ale
2- Sierra Nevade Torpedo
3- Heavy Seas Winter Storm
4- Heavy Seas Loose Cannon
5- Sam Adams Lager
6- Victory Hop Devil
7- Lauginita's IPA
8- Dogfish Head 60 Minute IPA
9- Stone IPA
10- Gooseneck IPA

Canada's Little Brown Jug 



Biggest flight- DeClaw's Brewery in MD.  I was with my niece and we drank a complete  flight of 18 beers.


Longest single brewery visit- Sam Adams brewery- I spent the entire weekend at that brewery or engaged in Sam Adams Brewery pubs in Boston in 2012.  It was great fun.


States where I visited a craft brewery- AZ, CO, CA, CT, DE, FL, IO, LA, MD, MI, MN, MS, MT,  NM, ND, NJ, NY, NC, NM, OR, PA , SD, TN, WI,  WA, VT, WV,  WY, KY.  I have a new goal of drink one craft beer in every state.

Most complete state - DE- at the moment, I have been to all of the DE breweries but one (which just opened up in the last few weeks). I will get there next year.

Wales Pipes brewery

Most Breweries in One State- PA- I've been to 80 breweries in this state.  I now have to drive 2 hours from my home to find a new brewery.  Or, more breweries are going to have to open up in the Philadelphia area.

Wales Brewery

Breweries of the Year- I award a brewery as the Brewery of the Year.  I publish this honor on my blog (and nobody really cares but so what).
2016- Left Hand Brewery- CO     
2017- Avery Brewery- CO
2018- Karst Brewery- IO
2019- Big Spruce Brewery- Canada
 2019- 
                                            2020- Barrel & Bean Brewery- MI



    No comments: