Saturday, December 26, 2020

A Note From Kelly

A Note From Kelly

SIAS University

Henan Province, China

Spring 2012


This is an email I just got from my former student, Kelly.  She is a very quiet young woman who always wanted to join us as we went for tea after class.  But she rarely added to the conversation.  She comes from a poor family but has big dreams for someone who has been exposed to so little.

 
 
Yiping(Kelly) Zhu has sent you a message.

Date: 5/24/12

Subject: Miss you

Dear Bridget,

How's things going?

The busy days finally gone, and my ordinary life came back. The semster is saying goodbye to me. I have a lot to say.
Your life is so attractive to me, and I may say you're my idol.

Guess what? I always dreaming, one day, I could be able to go abroad for my further study and broad my eyesight. But I must be extremely excellent that I can realize it, because of money. My parents are teachers, and I have a sibing sister 2 years younger than me. My parents may not afford the expensive cost, and I don't wanna them to pay for me, too.

In the past, I just regard it as a dream. I knew I may not make it come true, but I still persist dreaming about it. Nowadays, I don't wanna just let it be a dream. I eagerly wanna be something.

I am just a freshman, and not so much excellent as I expected to me. I even don't know how to realize my dream. Or just work hard is enough. Who knows?

A new semester will come soon, I believe I can do better than this year and I'm waiting for the day I've longing dreamt about come.

I'm writing to you because you're a respectful lady and teacher to me, and I miss you a lot.
Best wishes!

Sincerely,
Kelly



 

No comments: