Friday, September 25, 2020

Gabby Resigns from WAFW

 

Gabby Resigns From WAFW

Sias University

Henan Province, China

Fall 2013


In the spring of 2012, I taught leadership skills to young women at Sias University in Henan Province.  I was stunned by their commitment to the program and to those of us who served as facilitators to the program. Here is an example of this commitment.


Gabby's email to me:

My dear Bridget

I think It's better to let you know I stop participating in World Academy .I have three exams coming and I also have to prepare for the exams for my master degree .I love World Academy so much but It's a crazy life I couldn't balance very well.I hope you can understand the situation where I am standing .You are always be my best mentor and my best friend.Thanks .
Gabriella


发自我的iPhone


My email response:  

I know this must have been a hard decision for you. But your school work must come first. You made the right choice but it will be a loss for the World Academy because your were such a strong participant.
 
Just tonight, I was looking at some photographs and I found the photo that I took of you in Philadelphia. How great it was to see you in my country.  Where do you want to study for your masters degree?

Bridget E. Kelly, DEd
 
Gabriella's response:

 I will take the language text soon too see if my grade is good enough to apply for scholarship for America schools. In the meantime I will prepare for the exam that will come in December this year for the Chinese post graduates.  can you share the pictures with me. I would like to travel by myself to America then I can spend more time with you.I still miss Robert and hope Everything goes well with you and him.

Love ya
Gabriella

发自我的iPhone

No comments: