Thursday, June 25, 2020

So Deeply Sad

So Deeply Sad
A FB Conversation with a Friend
Bangladesh/Philadelphia
June 25, 2020

An announcement from the university administration:

University of Liberal Arts Bangladesh (ULAB)

We are deeply saddened by the demise of Prova Motia Hoq of the Department of English and Humanities (Batch 201) on Tuesday, June 23, 2020 (inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji’un).


My friend:  I don't know what to say... I just wish that such young souls would not depart from this world so early...
Prova was my student this term. She was bright, talented and very communicative in the class. A rising star has fallen.... Rest in peace Prova Motia Hoq. 
Inna lillahi wa inna ilaihi rajiun.


Bridget E Kelly: Nothing ever shocked me to my core as losing a student. I always mourn the loss of their friendship, lost possibilities and contributions, and positive influence on me. I self reflect on my relationship with them. Did I give them enough? Could I have made more effort to enrich their lives? I feel a deep sadness, a hollowness, just as you are feeling today. May your broken heart mend quickly and peacefully.


My Friend: Bridget E Kelly you have just spoken my mind... These are the thoughts I kept having since I heard the news...so deeply sad.

Bridget E Kelly:  Of course you are sad. This is too big a loss.


No comments: