Monday, December 16, 2019

Mississippi

Mississippi
October 2019
State #48




The Mighty Mississippi River

Oct 1- TU- PA/LA/MS- I was up early and on my way to Mississippi, state #48. I flew in to New Orleans and drove north to the Mississippi Sand hill Crane Refugee.  the website indicated that there were plenty of cranes on the refugee.  They failed to mention that the refugee is so large that the 200 cranes are well hidden from us.  So I saw nothing.  I then drove up to the red Bluff, the Grand Canyon of the Mississippi and it was beautiful.  I made my way to Jackson and spent the night there.  And for the record, there are no craft breweries in Jackson, Mississippi.  I couldn't believe it.

Oct 2- W- MS- I spent the morning at the Mississippi Civil Rights Museum. This was a spectacular museum.  I could have spent the entire day there as there was so much to see.  But after two hours, I was drained and couldn't take any more. I spent the early evening at the Lazy Magnolia Brewery, the  oldest brewery in Mississippi.  I had a southern pecan ale and a few IPAs.


Oct 3- TH- MS/LA- I left Mississippi after a late breakfast and headed south to New Orleans.  I walked through the French Quarters for a bit.  Then I took a river cruise down the Mississippi River.  I have wanted to do this for many years and the moment was a bit anti-climatic. Afterwords, I made my way to the NOLA Brewery for a flight and dinner.  I returned the rented car, made my way to my hotel and called it a day.  Now I have to plan for my next two and final state trips: Hawaii and North Dakota.

No comments: