Friday, November 8, 2019

Washington


Washington
2004
2007- twice
2017
2018

2004- This was a spring break trip through Seattle and Olympiad National Park.  I stayed in the park for one night and it was beautiful and dark, dark, dark.

2007- June- we had a stop over in Seattle on our way to Alaska.  I was with my sister, her husband and her father-in-law.  We went to Kelly's sister's house for dinner.  They hadn't seen each other in years and when they embraced, they cried and then tried to pretend that they weren't crying.  Our host made a feast for the occasion and we all ate like bigs.  She made a coconut cake that was a foot tall.  And we ate that all up.  And then the next day we went to Alaska.

2007- August- I took a fantastic trip from San Juan Islands to the Great Bear Rain Forest above Vancouver.  San Juan was so beautiful that I could have spent a week just sitting on the docks and chatting people up.

2017-  My nephew and I had a 20 hour layover in Seattle as we were headed to Alaska.  So my niece picked us up at the airport and took us to an underground tour of the city.  When we went to the market for great seafood and coffee and entertainment.  And in the morning, we were off to Alaska.

2018- My niece had a baby so I went for a week to visit with them. OMG, that little boy was beautiful.  I loved him immediately.  Heather and I spent the days watching his every breathe and then in the evenings, when her husband returned, we wrapped the baby upend went off to some local breweries for beers.

No comments: