Wednesday, November 6, 2019

Nebraska


Nebraska
2010


I was only here once and only for a day.  I was in Colorado, visiting friends and I heard that the Sandhill Snow Cranes were migrating in Nebraska.  I have been interested in witnessing this migration since I read a book about a young man from England who took a Greyhound Bus across country to follow the migration trail.

So I rented a car and drove six hours north.  My friends discouraged me and claimed that Nebraska was lame and boring.  But these annoying comments did not deter me.  My niece was with me and we headed out for a long day of driving.

When we got to the border, we found a hotel and asked the owner if he knew where we could find the cranes.  He informed us that I was about a week too late and they were at least 100 miles north.

FUCK.. I couldn't go any further north as I had to get back home.  So now, I have unfinished business in Nebraska.

No comments: