Sunday, November 24, 2019

Delaware

Delaware
Home of Tax Free Shopping
The State That Started A Nation

The Delaware Growler

I visit Delaware a lot for a lot of reasons:



1- It is tax free shopping state.  I buy all of my electronics here.
2- They have a liquor store (Total Wines) that is gigantic and has the best beer prices around.
3- My good friends live there and they invite me to dinner and cook for me so who could pass up that offer.
4- There are great places to go bring here.  my favorite place is Bombay Hook.  I go there every year to watch the immigration of the snow geese.  They travel in flocks of 100,000 and they cover the sky when they are in flight.  it is a magnificat sight to behold.
5-They have some great breweries.  as a matter of fact, i have been to most of their breweries.  of course, my favorite DE brewery is Dogfish Head.
6- I am just beginning to like their beaches.  I like Rehobeth.
7- It's my easiest entrance to Route #95, the road that has taken all up and down the east coast of the USA.
8- It's home to the Delaware Growler, my favorite place to go to fill a growler.  They have 50 beers on tap at all times and they let you taste  everything.
9- I like to go to the Opera House.  It's a great venue with lots of wonderful performers.  I've seen Paual Poundstone, David Sedaris, Rent, Jains Ian, Emmy Lou Harris, Lenora McKennitt and others at this place.  I've never seen a mediocre performance here.
10- I started college at Brandywine Junior College in 1973 in Wilmington so I have a soft spot for this place.

No comments: