Saturday, February 26, 2022

Louisiana


Louisiana
1975, 1991, 1998, 2019

Truthfully, while I've been here four times, I have only been to New Orleans and I am sure there are great things to see in this state.  But New Orleans is always a fun time and a great city to visit.  It's just beautiful. Maybe some day, I will branch out of the city limits.  But so far, I haven't. Here's what I love about this city:

  • Bourbon Street
  • Great food and restaurants
  • The energy on the streets at all hours of the day
  • Preservation Hall Jazz Band
  • Jazz in just about every bar
  • The street musicians
  • The other street acts and actors
  • New Orleans Brewery
  • The architecture and the colors of the homes
  • Mardi Gras- my father once told me that everyone should go to Mardi Gras at least once so I went with my sister when we were in college and we were stunned at how wild it was. One of us said to theater, "Dad must not be too concerned about our safety if he recommended we come here."
  • The little fried donuts- I could eat them all day long.
  • The horse drawn carriages
  • The names of the businesses.
  • Watching a funeral parade
  • when I was younger, I loved the public drinking and the beer containers that looked like KFC chicken buckets.  There was so much beer in these containers that it was an effort to drink all this beer before it saturated the container.  On more than one occasion, these things leaked precious, wasted beer all over me.  
  • As I get older, the public drunkenness is not as appealing.
  •  The voodoo influence.


No comments: