Friday, June 21, 2019

Seeing Her Mother Differently








Seeing Her Mother Differently
A Story from a Young Woman
Sias Univeristy
Henan Provence, China
November 2015

This story was left on the table in my office, where I taught at a Chinese University. It was written by one of my students, but I don’t know which one. And her mother is probably between 40 to 60 years old.


"Last time I told you a love story, I wants to tell you about the story of friendship and a family story next semester. But it looks at as if to be long time. So I can’t wait.
Today I am going to tell you what the deepest reflection I got last winter break. One day I mother told me with a usual tone, “My face is so dry.” I just was interested in the program on TV about being beautiful and I didn’t turn my head to my mother, carelessly listening to the worlds. But when I saw her, the person who had been with me for 21 years old was very unfamiliar. I didn’t know when the wrinkles climbed her face. I didn’t know when there was some exposed white hair and I didn’t know when she had her humpback because of heavy load. I didn’t know…
Didn’t want my mother to take notice of my change. I just said in soft and low voice, “oh, just use some skin care product is OK.”
I had no spirit to continue to watch TV. As I turning it off, I was lost into thought. Regret and self-accusation full of my heart. My mother sacrifice her whole life for my body and mind and I didn’t care her very much. I was thinking why I didn’t do anything for her? I had never read books about elderly people health care. I had never realized (unrecognizable word) was so important for a woman? What makes me by my mother loves me and ignore her change?

Nothing can replace a mother’s love and care. I love my mother and my father!"


Advertisements

No comments: