Sunday, March 31, 2019

December 2018


my surgery scar
DECEMBER 2018
PA, DE, NJ


1- SA- PA-  It's only been 5 days since my gall bladder surgery but I am so over this event that I threw caution to the wind and I drove to Bryn Mawr, PA to meet friends for dinner and a movie (Can You Ever Forgive Me?).  I will have to remember to forget to tell my doctor that I am driving before I got clearance from her. On a different note, I can't believe we are in the last month of the year.
2- SU- PA- I feel so great that it is hard to believe that I even had surgery last Monday. I stopped by to see Phyllis and Steve and they invited me for dinner.  It appears to me as if I ate Steve's portion of salmon.  He just ate pasta.
3- M- PA- I am trying to file a claim to cancel my trip to Dubai.  It's too much work. On a positive note, I was out and about throughout West Chester today and it was great to feel so damn good.
4- T- PA-  I got a clean bill of health from my doctor.  I am finished with this event of getting my gall bladder out. I met up with Kathy Flatley and saw Beautiful Boy, the story about a father and son and drug addiction.  It was a horrible story to watch.
5- W- PA- I had intentions of going to Bombay Hook today to see the snow geese but it snowed in the afternoon.  So I stayed here and just hung out. I watched some of George H.W. Bush's funeral.
6- TH- PA- I went to see Bohemia Rhapsody with  Jaye and Dom.  I have never been a Queen fan but I loved this movie.
7- F- DE- I went to Bombay Hook Wildlife Refugee and saw 100,000+ snow geese.  They filled the sky. They are just magnificent.
8- S- PA- DE- we had a Haiti meeting and this effort is going nowhere.  I want to let go of this group but then I just can't cut loose.
9- SU- PA- Sharon and I went to see the King's College Choir at Penn.  They were excellent.  We met up with Glenn later and had dinner at the 4th Street Deli where I ordered a $24 pastrami sandwich.  This sandwich will be good for at least 4 more meals.
10- M- NJ- I drove to Montclair to see Heather, Steve and that beautiful Elliot.  I love that kid and he can say my name now.
11- T- PA- Heather and I took Elliot to a playground.  He was walking next to me and then in an instant, he got away from me. I need to pay more attention.
12- W- PA- I stayed in bed all day.  I just didn't have any energy.
13- TH- PA- Tricia, Lauren and I went to the Overbrook School for the Blind Christmas show.  This show always inspires me.
14- F- PA- I got a call from Bill McRae.  He had an extra ticket to see Willie Nyle at the Ardmore Music Hall.  So off I went.
15- SA- PA- I was a lazy ass today.  Deb Green wanted me to see a movie but I didn't feel like driving in to the city.  So I just hung here.
16- SU- PA- I ushered at the Uptown Theatre for Lend Me a Tenor. It was a matinee so we had a packed house of cotton heads from the retirement house nearby.
17- M- PA- I had dinner with my high school friends.  It is so funny that we didn't see each other fro 40 years and now we are friends again.
18- TU- PA- Jaye and I went to Longwood Gardens in the afternoon and I finally got to use my new camera and feel good about it.  It is too complicated for me to use.
19- W- PA- I finally started my damn Christmas shopping.  I hate this holiday. Then I went to a Christmas party at Diane's apartment. It was a small group of nice people.
20- TH- PA- I wanted to drive to Cherry State Park today to see the stars. It's the darkest spot in PA.  But it's cloudy today so I will just hand here and go to the Beer Club tonight.
21- F- PA- I hung in the lobby and chatted up Deb and Jeff.  And, of course, I did a little Christmas shopping.
22- SA- PA- Dinner @ Deb Green's house and then we went off to see Roma.  I am not sure if I liked it or not. We stopped at the Grog to have a beer and try to figure out all of the symbolism in the movie.
23- SU- PA- I made another attempt to do my Christmas shopping.  I think I am finished. Or at least, I'm not going out again to look for things.
24- M- DE- I went to Jaye and Dom's annual Christmas Eve party.  They are good friends.
25- TU- PA- The Anderkos, Hakes and I had Christmas dinner @ Sharon's house. I booked a flight to Haiti for a weekend visit in Feb.
26- W- PA- I am without energy today and I can't figure out what damn day it is.
27- TH- PA- I went to the movies yet again to see The Fovourite which was a little strange.
28- F- PA- I drove in to South Philly and had lunch with Rosina at the Samson Street Oyster House.
29- SA- PA- It would be my parents' 67th wedding anniversary.  I've been an aunt for 38 years now as it's Kevin's 38th birthday.
30- SU- my depression has gotten the best of me over these last three days. I couldn't make it to the family holiday party.
31- M- the last day of the year.  It was a pretty good year.  I didn't go out to celebrate the New Year as I just didn't have the energy.




No comments: