Saturday, March 30, 2019

2006

2006

Springfield, PA and
Carpenter’s Point, MD

My age: 50- 51

Work- Principal- Springfield High School Springfield High School, Springfield, PA.  There are 1200 students and 100 staff members.  Opioids were problem for some students and the community denied that there were any drugs in our community.

Music
Beyonce, Danity Kane, Evanescence, The Game, High School Musical Soundtrack, Il Divo, India.Arie, Jack Johnson, Justin Timerblake, Jamie Fox, Johnny Cash, Mary J. Blige, Rascal Flatts and Rihanna were artists who released big hits and I really only know Johnny Cash (the old man). I was not current in my popular culture.
The Biggest Pop Artists of 2006 include
Movies
  • Little Miss Sunshine- a sad and funny movie.
  • Letters from Iwo Jima I am always stunned at the bravery of our soldiers.
  • The Lives of Others – If I lived under communist rule, I would be in trouble with the government all the time.
  • Babel - I didn’t like this movie.  It didn’t hold my interest.
  • A Prairie Home Companion – After watching this movie, I have a burning desire to go to the theater and see a live production of this show.
  • The Last King of Scotland – what a horrible human being. 
  • The Queen Helen Miran is one wonderful actor. It was hard to distinguish her performance from my perception of the queen.
  • An Inconvenient Truth – this movie was more about Gore than it was about global warming. I felt like I was watching one long, drawn-out political commercial.
  • The Science of Sleep- I did not understand this movie and I would not recommend it to anyone, unless the person had insomnia and couldn’t fall asleep. 
  •  The Illusionist - clever.
  • Borat- juvenile, boring and silly.
  • The Da Vinci Code – intriguing.
  • Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest I love watching anything Johnny Depp does.


Popular Television- I heavenly watched one of these shows: The Office.  I am not current with the rest of the world.
  • CSI: Crime Scene Investigation 
  • Malcolm in the Middle 
  • Survivor 
  • The Weakest Link 
  • Yes, Dear 
  • The Simpsons 
  • 24 
  • Fear Factor 
  • Law & Order: Criminal Intent 
  • Pop Idol 
  • Smallville 
  • The Amazing Race 
  • The Bernie Mac Show 
  • American Idol 
  • CSI: Miami 
  • The Bachelor 
  • The George Lopez Show 
  • Without a Trace 
  • Arrested Development 
  • Cold Case 
  • Hope and Faith 
  • Las Vegas 
  • NCIS 
  • Queer Eye for the Straight Guy 
  • The O.C. 
  • Two and a Half Men 
  • Boston Legal 
  • CSI: New York 
  • Desperate Housewives 
  • House 
  • Lost 
  • Postman Pat (UK) 
  • The Apprentice 
  • The X Factor (UK) 
  • American Dad! 
  • Doctor Who (UK)
  • Everybody Hates Chris 
  • Family Guy 
  • Grey's Anatomy 
  • My Name Is Earl 
  • The Office 
Travels
  • I went to Mongolia in July and watched the Naadam Festival and sat on the hills in the Gobi Desert. What an isolated country.
  • I went to Aruba for Winter break. My parents went here for their 10th wedding anniversary.
  • I went to Georgia for a long weekend. My cousin's daughter got married on St. Simon Island and much of my extended family was there.
News events

  • Nancy Pelosi became the first female House leader and the highest-ranking woman in U.S. political history — second in line behind the president. 

  • We continue with our wars in Iraq and Afghanistan and most of these trudges dont effect us so we dont even talk about it anymore.

Family and friends
  • Mr Flatley died.  He was friends with my parents and his kids and my sosblings were all friends. I've known Mr. Flatley since 1962.
  • I bought a second home in Carpenter’s Point, MD.  It’s near the North-East River and this will be an easy and accessible place to kayak. I cant wait to spend time in this sweet, little house.






No comments: