Tuesday, February 19, 2019

One Year Later


One Year Later
Apartment Life
Chestnut Square Apartments
West Chester, PA
June 2018

It was a big adjustment to go from owning my house to downsizing and moving in to an apartment.  But I think I am adjusting well.



  • There is a man who walks around all day with a cooler, filled with beer.  He carries it as a woman carries a purse.  It goes everywhere with him.  He tells me he drinks beer all day long.

  • I joined the beer tasting club.  We meet once a month and share beers. I like this event.

  • I enjoyed the pool more this summer than last summer.
  • This is a transient place.  I see someone once and then never see him again.

  • We have black people and Asians and Arabs and Europeans.  But only the white Americans use the common facilities.

  • Football season permeated the building.  And last year, the Eagles won the super bowl so we all got in to it whether we wanted to or not.

  • Lots and lots and lots of packages come here everyday from Amazon.  I think the delivery person comes here at least twice a day.

  • A lot of beer is consumed in this building.  On the weekends, our trash room is overflowing with empty beer cans.

  • The young men like to watch the football in the lounge at the bar.  They stand, bring in piles of pizza boxes and kegs of beer.  The older people sit at the couch and watch and they bring a few dips and crackers.

  • The coffee machine is the place to meet lots of people.  I dont hang at the coffee machine.

  • I have decided that I am not going to any of the open invitation parties as they tend to be cliquish and I have to live here so I am keeping a bit of a distance.

  • I know a lot of people but I only know their first names.
  • I thought the pool table would be more popular than it is.

  • The barbecue grills  are very popular.  People grill dinner up until 10 PM and all of those smells of grilled meats fill my apartment as I keep my door wide open and my balcony is just above the grilling station.

  • The other day, a bird flew in to my apartment.  That little, scared sparrow scared the shit out of me.

No comments: