Monday, February 18, 2019

Diners



Diners
The Iconic Symbol of America

I love to eat at a diner and I always, always, always order breakfast when I go to a diner.  It honest matter that time of day it is, I order breakfast. But diners are becoming harder and harder to find as I travel across the USA.

There are some of my favorites:


Llanerarch Diner, PA- It's an old, diner that hasn't had an upgrade since the day it opened.  It was an after-hours, go-to spot in my 20s to shake off too much drinking.

Melrose Diner, PA- my dad would take us here when we came to see his friend in South Philly.

Red Lion Diner- NJ- I take my German friends here every year as we head down to Long Beach Island.  They get the big stack of pancakes and hum the whole time they are eating their meal.

Ye Olde College Diner- State College, PA- my college diner.  We would go out drinking until 2:30 in the morning and then stumble over here for grilled stickies and ice cream.

Haddington Diner- Philly, PA- this diner was in my neighborhood and I used to sneak over here during church and use my collection money for french fires and a coke.

No comments: