Tuesday, October 30, 2018

L


L

Some of my thoughts and memories and things:
  • Lauren- my youngest niece.
  • Love- the purpose of life.
  • Long Beach Island- my family had a home on this island from 1974- 2005. It was hard to give up our house.
  • Louisiana- I've only been to New Orleans and I know there has to be more to this state than that wild place.
  • Lion In Winter- a giant of a movie in the 1960s.
  • Lillies of the Fields- movie from my childhood.  I thought Sidney Pointere was stunning in this movie.
  • Lillies- I have hundreds of day lilies and Asian lilies in my garden.
  • Lilacs- we had a tree right outside the kitchen and it's fragrance would fill the house.
  • Loveladies- a sweet, little town on Long Beach Island.
  • Leonard Cohen- I tend to like people's covers of his songs more than I like his rendition of his songs.
  • Llanarch Country Club- our family belonged to this club and my dad made us take golf lessons even though none of us showed any interest in this boring sport.
  • Longwood Gardens- PA- Roaming through these gardens is a lovely way to spend an afternoon.
  • Lenape Park- PA- this was a pathetic amusement park that had sad rides and very few customers.  We went here on a field trip every May in junior high school.
  • London, England- I've been here several times and every visit was great fun.
  • "Love and laughter is all I'm after." - my mantra
  • Lake Ontario- Canada- My friends had two houses on this lake.  A whole group of us would visit for a week.  We ate, drank and laughed too much.
  • Lenore Brenella- my high school classmate whom we all assumed died before our 25th reunion.  We lamented her passing but then discover at our 30th that she had recently died.  I am not sure when she died. She was very smart. But demons surrounded her.
  • Lager beers- Nope, I like an IPA, a pale ale, a stout or a porter.
  • Lox and bagels- when I go to a brunch buffet, I always have this to eat.
  • Lehigh River- I went white water rafting down this river and it scared the shit out of me.
  • Lum's Pond- DE- I kayak here.
  • LL Bean- ME- it's open 24 hours to accommodate travelers' schedule.  They have great things but they are too damn expensive.
  • Loas- on my bucket list.
  • LeVante Brewery- PA- my new neighborhood brewery.
  • Luxor, Egypt- 2010-- I saw lots of homage paid to kings here
  • Lake George- NY- 1991- I was here for a week but I vaguely remember it.
  • Lake Ontario- Canada- My friends used to own two homes on this lake and a group of us would descend on the place for a week and do nothing but eat, drink and talk.
  • Latvia- 2013- I spent an afternoon here.  I spent all of my time trying the liquors of the region. I think there were three or four different kinds, all of which were not appealing to me.
  • Le Bec Fin Restaurant- PHL- this place is so expensive for my taste. The dessert costed $35.
  • Les Miserable- NYC, PHL, LON- I love the music of this play.
  • Liberty Bell- PA- it's cracked.
  • Lagunita's brewery- I loved this place. They make delicious beer.
  • Lemongrass soup- YES. This is a comfort food taste.
  • Lincoln Center, NYC- my friend used to be the first trumping for the NYC Ballet and I would go to shows to listen to him play.
  • Lions and tigers and bears- I want to see them in the wilderness only. I hate to see them in zoos.
  • Lounging around the pool- I like to do this but I worry about being in the sun for any long period of time.
  • Lifelong Learner- I hear this term all the time.  People speak as if they make an effort to be a lifelong learner.  But really, do we have any other choice than to be a lifelong learner?  Doesn't life kick us in the rear end every day and teach us a lesson?
  • Lincoln Memorial- DC- A massive structure to honor a massive influence on this country.
  • Lion King- London, England- I loved the puppetry and the music in this play.
  • Little Italy- NYC- Of course, a great place for Italian food.
  • Little League Baseball- Williamsport, PA- the local people cheer against any 12 year old player who is not American. I finally got to see a game in August 2018.  It was great fun.
  • Loving Vincent- 2017- a spectacular movie.
  • Love City Brewery- PA- this place just opened up in Philly and they look like they are going to be very damn successful.
  • Lobster- I like but I prefer snow crab legs.  I think they have more taste and are less expensive.
  • Lobster Rolls- ME- my go-to food when I am in this part of the country.
  • Long Man's Cave- China- massive sculptures are carved out of rock.
  • Long Trail Brewery- VT- a great pace to spend the afternoon.
  • Licorice- I love this candy but I gave up sugar so I don't eat it anymore.
  • Liver and onions- NO, No, No, a thousand times NO.
  • Liverwurst sandwiches- I will not eat this food. But I like pate.
  • Lady Bird Johnson- I think this was a strange name for a strange First Lady.
  • Lima Beans- I don't like these either but not as much as liver.
  • Lasagna- Yes, but not too frequently.
  • Little Neck Clams- I could eat them all damn day.
  • Louvre- Paris, France- it would take days to get through this massive place.
  • Luray Caverns- VA- 2010- how do people discover caves?  I would be so afraid to explore on my own.
  • Libraries- I love to sit in a library all afternoon.  I particularly like the ones where the librarians don't feel a need to shush people.
  • Loyalsock High School- PA- I was a guidance counselor here from 1981 to 1984.
  • Lycoming County- PA- I lived here form 1981 to 1984.
  • Long Nv- My Chinese name: Dragon Lady
  • London- a great city to visit.  I've been there several times and I want to go several more times.
  • Las Vegas- 2014, 2015, 2021, 2022- a nice place to visit but I wouldn't want to live there. I went here a few times.
  • Loud- People say I have a loud voice.
  • Laugh- apparently, my laugh is very distinct and people, lots of people, comment on it.


No comments: