Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Horseshoe Bend- AZ


Horseshoe Bend
Page, AZ
June 2018


We took a raft down the Colorado the day before and floated right around this beautiful, iconic bend.  So today, Clay asked me if we could go see the bend from the top.  Of course we could; we came all this way, let's make the effort.

Shit, I was so damn sorry I agreed to to this.  I told Clay to go ahead of me because I would be so much slower than he could even imagine. So off he ran and I started my slow, laborious waddle up the hill.

As I got to the top of the hill and realized that I now had to go down a hill almost twice as long, I wanted to cry.  Going down wasn't going to be the real problem.  I worried about getting my slow, sorry ass back up that hill.  But I took off anyway. And OMG, it was a effort. But it was worth the effort.


No comments: