Thursday, September 20, 2018

The Letter "V"

V
Some of my thoughts and memories and things:


  • Vivian Young- my friend who reached 100 and then she died of cancer.
  • Victory Brewery- PA- a brewery with lots of great beers.
  • Victoria Falls- Zimbabwe- magnificent.
  • Viet Nam- 2005
  • Virginia- my brother and his family live here so I have been here for over 50 visits in the last 20 years.
  • Van Morrison- one of my favorite musicians of all times.
  • Venezuela- one of the few countries I have ever visited that I didn't like.
  • Victory Hop Devil- one of my top ten favorite IPAs.
  • Vanilla- my go-to ice cream favor.
  • Vulgar- I've been called this.
  • Vile- and this as well.
  • Voluptuous- I've never been called this.
  • Vegetables- I really need to eat more of them.
  • Vegetarian- If someone cooked from, I could become a vegetarian.  But left to my own skills, I resort to pre-packagd food.
  • Voting- it is my civic duty to vote and I do so at every election.
  • Veal- I like it but I don't eat it very often.
  • V8 Juice- refreshing and filling
  • Vegetable Oil- I never use it.  I bought it once and mixed it with Espom salt to make an exfoliate but after one application, I threw the mixture out.
  • Valentine's Day- a day of exclusion for those of us who are not partnered.
  • Vichyssoise Soup-  a refreshing summer soup.
  • Vinegar- I never use it.
  • Vitamin C- I wonder if I get my daily recommended dosage.
  • Vitamins- I don't take any.  I think this is all a gimmick to get consumers to buy and buy and buy.
  • Victories- I think I have had more victories than defeats.  But I have had my share of defeats.
  • Victoria's Secret- there isn't one article of appearell of theirs that I could wear and it would look beautiful on me.
  • Vancouver, Canada- a beautiful city to visit.
  • Vincent Van Gough- a prolific artist who was so damn troubled.
  • Victoria Station- England, a very busy place.
  • Victoria and Albert Museum- London- it's free and a pleasant way to spend a few hours.
  • Vagabond Days- I didn't have a lot of vagabond days in my youth but I wish I had had more of them.  I wish I had taken more risks and gone to more places. In some respects, I played it too safe when I should have thrown more caution to the wind.
  • VMK- a friend; a kook. Enough said.
  • Venice- a beautifl city.

No comments: