Tuesday, September 25, 2018

U


U
Some of my thoughts and memories and things:


  • Ulan Baatar- the capital of Mongolia and one ugly city- July 2006
  • Utah- one beautiful state- 2006
  • Umbrellas- great idea but I hate to use them.
  • Uncles- John, Lawrence, Tom and Dick
  • Uber- yea, I'm coming on board with this service.
  • Under the Boardwalk- one of my favorite songs from the 1960s.  I think the Drifters sang this song.
  • U-turns- I have to admit that I do make a lot of illegal U-Turns.  
  • Uncle John- my father's oldest brother.  He died at 57 from a brain aneurysm
  • Uncle Lawrence- he died at 32 from Hodgeskin's Disease.  He died before I was born and my father mourned for him forever.
  • Uncle Tom- he was closes in age to my father and they were buddies. He lived to be 91
  • Uncle Dick- my mother's only sibling and the last of the Review.  Our family name dies with him
  • USA- my country.
  • UK- I like to visit this little island.
  • Ulcers- my doctor once told me that my test results showed the begging of an ulcer.  I told her that was ridiculous as I want worried about anything.  She said diets could cause ulcers and then she asked me what I had for breakfast: coffee, tomato juice and leftover pizza.  
  • URW: text talk for "you are weird" and I have been told that thousands of times.
  • U2- I like a lot of their music but not all of it.
  • Underdogs- some of my favorite students.
  • Unapologetic- I don't apologize for my views.
  • Unchained Melodies- one of my favorite songs. Tons of people have covered this song and I never get tired of it.
  • Uncle Tom's Cabin- I never read it.  I cant rad books that are written in the local dialect.
  • Unicorns- I don't believe in them.
  • Urinary Tract Infections- this hasn't been a problem for me.
  • Urinate- I urinate, I don't pee.
  • Uniforms- I had to wear the uglies uniforms for my first 12 years of education.  Now, I still don't know how to dress with any style.
  • Usahuaia, Argentia- 2007- I left port here and traveled to Antarctic.
  • Unions- I never joined one.
  • Umpires- I hate when parents yell at umpires during a kid's baseball game.  I want to tell them to "STFU, this guy is a volunteer".
  • Upside down pineapple cake- I am not a big fan and it must be 40 years since I had a piece and I'm OK with that.
  • Unsweetened Ice Tea- that is how I like.  I like the raw taste of the tea.  Adding sugar just ruins the taste for me.
  • Unpasteurized milk- I cant taste the difference so I am just going to stick to pasteurized milk.
  • Unsalted nuts- I hate salted nuts.
  • Uniontown, PA- my parents very good friends used to live here and I've visited them a few times.
  • Uptown Theatre- PA- I volunteer as an usher here.
  • Unionville, PA- my sister and her family used to live here.
  • University Park, PA- home of Penn State University, my Alma Mater.
  • Ulysses S. Grant- I really don't know much about this guy.  I know he was a president but that is about it.
  • Until we met again- there are lots of people I let slip out of my life and I would like to meet them again.
  • Until Death Do We Part- that's a damn big commitment and one that I never made.
  • Uganda- I want to go here to see the silver back gorillas.



No comments: